My Hadyai Trip (Part 2) - KlongHae Floating Market

The last time I stepped into Hadyai was when I was 14 years old. I could barely remember the trip honestly. But what I do remember was that my family and I walked a few streets in search of Birds Nest. I remember mom described Hadyai as a small town with just a few roads.

And now after so many years, I finally had the chance to travel into Hadyai again. 
This time I went with some friends.  Continuing from my Part 1 story, here is an interesting place we visited after reaching Hadyai on Day 1. It's so beautiful! The Klonghae Floating Market opens from 3pm -9pm from Fridays to Sundays.




 Our first stop was at KlongHae Floating Market.
At first glance I thought they sell pottery. Actually these stalls sell drinks to quench your thirst on a hot sunny day! Look closely behind these cute looking mini "pots".
 A stroll down the lane, you will find the lots of interesting food here.
 OK! Competition is stiff as many stalls tend to sell similar drinks in pots that you can take home. Doremon and Hello Kitty Pots are my favourite. A walk down that same stretch you may find more than 5 stalls selling the same stuff.
 







This was the entrance to the floating market. Such remarkable architecture.
As you enter before reaching the earlier floating market, you will see lots of stalls selling items like bags, knitted wear..etc Somehow I noticed many bag designs in Thailand are owls and elephants.

Continue walking further in and you will reach this stretch of floating stalls all lined up waiting for customers. Kasihan also cause they have to "cari makan" do business in the heat and it's not easy.

Admiring the landscape around the floating market area.
 So after you purchase your food and drinks from the floating stalls, just directly opposite there are plenty of shaded tables and benches for you to have your meal.








I have always loved how the Thais fry their eggs. Hence after walking along the floating market I decided to try their fried egg with rice.
 My other friends bought soft shell crabs and they offered me a piece. The soft shell crab wasn't that soft and it was quite hard to chew. It's unlike the Japanese soft shell crabs. Most of the shell I could not even eat!
This is one awesome fruit you must have in Thailand. Pineapples and they are super sweet! Any fruit stalls that you stumble upon in Thailand, buy their pineapples and you won't regret it!
After having our lunch, we explored further around the floating market area. There are more stalls walking along the steps from the Floating Market.
 More snacks if you're still hungry and drinks if you're still thirsty.  But besides food and drinks you will be able to find souvenirs, clothes, bags and other interesting items.
 Cute knitted hats. Who could resist them! I love the Minions! Imagine a baby wearing these. Awww...so adorable.
 The stalls look like this in a shape of a hut.

 I stumbled upon this white apparel that caught my eye. Simple, plain and nice. 
Priced about 280 Baht.
 
And this cute red dress with Mickey hands. But obviously I can't fit into this piece and I took a photo to admire it only.  The material is not stretchable and is made for super skinny people.
Walking along the stalls I also saw some game stalls where people pay 100 Baht to try their luck in winning a prize with a shot.

Got hold of these as souvenir for some friends.
 Lots of different kinds of soap for sale. Mostly with whitening benefit.
I know mom's tatse.  Mom would love these.....so tangkap gambar for her to see. She has waaaaayyyyyy too many clothes from her previous Singapore shopping trip, hence I won't be getting her more clothes.
 Weaved bags for sale. Stylish? Yay or Nay?
Could be a fashion statement if you get a 5 Star rated ang moh model to hold these bags with high fashion. #justsaying

These cuties ate floor mats and it is super affordable. Priced at 99 Baht each.
Hadyai T-Shirts for sale.

 Some souvenirs are so creative. People like me who cannot draw simply admire those who can create great work of art.
Here are some of my favourite picks in terms of designs. And the best part is you can even custom make your friend's name to the piece. Talk about a personalized gift! So that's it for my roundings at KlongHae Floating Market. More places of interest coming right up soon in my next blogpost. Hope you had fun reading this.

Comments

  1. Hi, I planned to have a trip to Hat Yai In the end of this year, may I know what is the best time to depart from Hat Yai Train Station to Padang Besar? Is there any shuttle train??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts